Mytime

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another late night at work

Sorry I've been so MIA... work sometimes gets the best of me and then it unfortunately leaves me a little out of touch. I will write a quick post because I'm still at work and it is 8:09 AT NIGHT, my BG happened to ring in at a 47 so I'm just sitting/writing patiently until it rises so I can drive home...

Anyway, the past month or so I've been starting to feel better about things, I don't think I'm as negative (I can never give myself full credit for anything ;) ).

1) I'm trying to reconnect with my family. There has been a lot of miscommunication (or NO communication) going on for what it now seems like years. Who knows what will happen when I actually go home and am face to face with them (BTW they are really nice people, I don't want to make them sound horrid, but we all have our issues, right?). That's always the hardest for me, but I'm taking baby steps.

2) My sister got engaged and I'm the maid of honor. It's going to be a freakn' quick engagement, getting married mid-Sept. Those two are crazy... I'm not much of the planning type so it's probably better that I'm in Bmore and everyone else is in NY.

3) So I have my next endocronologist appt. on Monday. Everytime I go, my head is down in shame. When the doc asks, "Did you do your basal tests" I say, "no" She says, "Well you really need to do them, it's hard to help without seeing any numbers." THIS CONVERSATION HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I actually did two basal tests for my appt. Thanks to Andrea, she gave me the idea to do the test for all four parts at the same time. I had always done the breakfast fast and then tried the dinner fast. It was much easier, waking up and not eating and seeing how far I could make it into the day before I got low. I made it to 5ish both days, the numbers actually look consistent. I hope the doc is happy with what I've done. It's pathetic and sad, but it's so much more than I've done in YEARS! (Thanks Andrea!!!)

4)I'll finish or write another post later... my blood sugar is officially 104, I'm getting the hell out of here and GOING HOME. Goodbye!!

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 6:23 PM, April 22, 2006  

  • OMG :)So good to see you posting again. You know, I miss my blog friends when they don't post in a while. So anyways, welcome back :)

    Aside from that low keeping you at work, sounds like you have been working a lot of late nights... Guess work has been busy, huh? Hopefully, it's going well. With the amount of time we spend at work, it's important that we enjoy it and that it go well- hopefully it is for you.

    I know about family issues...sometimes they are big pains in the butts :o(. But even though family can cause a lot of aggravation, I'd never want to let things get so bad that I'd want to distance myself from them. Family should be the ones there for you through thick and thin... Though my family definitely have our "moments", I think I'd be lost without them.

    Congratulations on your sister's wedding. I'm sure you'll be very busy with all the prep and plans that go into weddings. Hopefully, you'll find a cute dress and a cute date for the big day!

    Ugh, those dreaded basal testing... I'm still doing them. My doctor apparantly is a big proponent of them. Actually, I have to do one more night and daytime test... so I think I can see the light at the endo of the tunnel. I know how fun (not) these tests can be, but if it helps you with better control, it's probably worth it. keep us posted on your appointment and everything, k?

    I am thrilled that things are looking up for you. I think that's awesome- I hope that only continues. Please do continue to post when you can :) :) :)

    PS... I deleted my first comment, b/c I included your orginal post in it (oops). Just wanted to let you know:)

    By Blogger Andrea, at 6:25 PM, April 22, 2006  

  • hey...

    I see you are not really active here anymore, but i've been checking out diabetes blogs recently and found your through the DiabetesOC directory...

    So I live in Baltimore and it sounds to me like we might go see the same CDE (i know from another post it is at least the same Brand Name Diabetes Center). My experience has been so so...she is very good at reinforcing what I am doing wrong and my A1Cs are 6-6.5%.

    That, and I have been trying for two weeks to get this particular Diabetes Center to call in my test strip Rx with no luck. And now they have this automated answering machine where you cant talk to a real person...

    So Im thinking about switching endos...you still at the same place?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM, September 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


The Diabetes OC Webring

Home/List | << Previous | Next >> | Join | Random |