Mytime

Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm tired (sleepy that is)

First I want to say, thanks! I appreciate the comments on the last blog. It hasn't been an easy... the last couple weeks even the last couple of years.

BUT today I'm in an okay state of mind, feeling a little positive. I think I can handle writing a not so negative post for once.

So, I did have an endo appointment last Monday. A1C was 6.1 (I think, or it was close to that). Of course I didn't have any records or my basal rate check complete. Oh well, hopefully I'll do it soon... (Andrea I think you've inspired me). My doc wants me to see another diabetes educator. I passed on that, I had been seeing one of the CDEs at the Joslin center, but we really didn't click. I need to feel like someone really gets me and then I have an easier time opening up and actually listening. Anyway I passed on the idea of seeing another educator there, my excuse NO TIME.

It was funny in the passed three weeks I've had so many doctor's appointments that my supervisor thinks i'm having blood transfusions or doing a lot of interviewing ;)

The Bachelor in Paris is keeping me up... I should be in bed already. My eyes are hurting to stay awake, but (although I'm not obsessed with the show) the bachelor is really really hot so it may be worth it to be tired AGAIN.

4 Comments:

  • Wow, I'm very impressed. 6.1 is a great A1c- congratulations.

    I'm also glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. :) Dealing with life and then, as a bonus, Diabetes is a lot at times... All I can tell you is to try to hang in there, that's what I am trying to do too.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes "bad" tv like the Bachelor. Sadly, I'm hooked too. Oh and then American Idol is on tonight... can't wait! LOL :)

    By Blogger Andrea, at 12:06 PM, January 31, 2006  

  • Congratulations!

    6.1, eh? That's pretty darn fantastic!

    And hey, it's okay to feel down about this stuff, and to express those emotions here. Never feel guilty for writing a post that expresses negative feelings.

    You wouldn't be human if this disease didn't get to you at times.

    Hang in there, and we will too.

    Sandra

    By Blogger Sandra Miller, at 9:27 PM, January 31, 2006  

  • Congrats on teh 6.1!!

    LOL about the transfusions/interview comment... I know the feeling. It's gets even worse when you are pregnant!

    By Blogger Erica, at 12:17 PM, February 03, 2006  

  • Congrats on the A1c. It's funny that I have always seen a distiction between being tired and sleepy whereas my better half sees no difference at all.

    Thanks for the clarification in your title!

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 8:43 PM, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


The Diabetes OC Webring

Home/List | << Previous | Next >> | Join | Random |