Mytime

Monday, July 18, 2005

Meter disaster

A few weeks ago I got a letter from the company that sends me my test strips. The letter went something like this, "blah blah blah blah, we learned that a Class I Recall has been issued on One Touch Ultra and FastTake blood glucose meters from Lifescan, blah blah. Because we are concerned with your diabetes management, and committed to 100% customer satisfaction - we are offering our customers who use these products a free meter upgrade to a MediSense Optium or an Ascensia Contour. blah blah blah..."

Maybe I'm not so smart, but even though there was a recall I didn't know that my supply company would no longer send out supplies for the Glucometer elite. There was no explanation regarding this. This caused a problem since I was sitting around waiting for my supplies (I test a million times a day, so I always run out of test strips quickly). Finally I called and they told me that they wouldn't send me supplies for my meter and I HAD to get a new meter. So, I surrendered. I signed up to get the Ascencia Contour. With a few test strips left, I received my package with the new meter today....

They gave me the ASCENCIA DEX 2 meter and test strips for the ASCENCIA Contour... WHAT! I sat there for a good hour trying to figure out how the individual test strips worked with a meter that took the package of strips until I figured out that I had been sent the wrong meter.

So now the correct meter will hopefully be sent out overnight tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

What I'm most angry about is the recall letter. I am completely shocked that a company providing medical supplies would make it seem like they were doing the customer a favor by providing an upgrade to their meter. I would think their responsibility lies in providing accurate and detailed information to the customer. I'm still in disbelief.. I expected more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


The Diabetes OC Webring

Home/List | << Previous | Next >> | Join | Random |